Data Destruction, Sanitization and Shredding
We can offer you a 100% confidential data destruction, shredding, sanitization and wiping service taylored to fit your specific needs.
OUR DATA DESTRUCTION SERVICES UP TO DoD STANDARDS (US DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE) INCLUDE:
- US DoD 5220.22-M Hardware Sanitize.
- US DoD 5220.22-M Clearing.
- Software sanitization.
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA).
Data Destruction, Sanitization and Shredding - Standards:
- NIST Special Publication 800-88, Guidelines for Media Sanitization, September 2006
- DoD 5220.22-M, National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), February 2006 Current editions no longer contain any references to specific sanitization methods. Standards for sanitization are left up to the Cognizant Security Authority.
- Although the NISPOM text itself never described any specific methods for sanitization, past editions (1995 and 1997) did contain explicit sanitization methods within the Defense Security Service (DSS)Clearing and Sanitization Matrix inserted after Section 8-306. The DSS still provides this matrix and it continues to specify methods.As of the Nov 2007 edition of the matrix, overwriting is no longer acceptable for sanitization of magnetic media. Only degaussing (with an NSA approved degausser) or physical destruction is acceptable.
- Army AR380-19, Information Systems Security, February 1998replaced by AR 25-2 http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/r25_2.pdf (Army Publishing Directorate, 2009)
- Air Force AFSSI 8580, Remanence Security, 17 November 2008 (formerly AFSSI 5020)
- Navy NAVSO P5239-26, Remanence Security, September 1993
OUR DATA SHREDDING, SANITIZATION AND DESTRUCTION GUARANTEE
You data is 100% secure and confidentiality is guaranteed.
Our staff are professionals working in a secure environment having signed a NDA (non-disclosure agreement).
Data devices, media and equipment are handled only by designated and authorized personnel appointed by the management of Tecleo.
All data destruction work is done in-house.
Our focus is to do all that is in our power to destroy your sensitive data effectively and in full confidentiality.
All information, data & equipment handed over to us shall be deemed confidential to our client’s.
We can also enter into a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA).
Our standard NDA is available on request.
Data devices, media and equiment are sanitized in accordance with the US Department of Defence (DoD) standards.
US DoD 5220.22-M Hardware Sanitize - The physical destruction of the data devices and media.
US DoD 5220.22-M Clearing - The degaussing of hard disk drives and magnetic tapes.
Software sanitization - A three pass software random character overwrite of all hard disk drive sectors.
Software sanitization is no Longer accepted by the DoD despite the fact that it is physically impossible, after a single data overwrite, to recover any data once hard disk drive sectors have been overwrtitten.
OUR GREEN IT DISPOSAL AND RECYCLING POLICIES
Green IT Recycling and DisposalWe are committed to the re-use of new and used data storage device components as part of our data recovery processes and the recycling of these and all other electronic components once they are no longer functional or of further use.
Shredded paper, destroyed hard disk drives, CD's and DVD's, Compact Flash Drives, Mobile Devices and all other destroyed electronic equipment will be disposed of by way of recycling.
Data tapes will be dumped as landfill. South African recycling companies do not accept digital tape media for recycling primarily due to:
Their composition – typically approx. 20% plastic, 1% metal and 79% magnetic tape;
Vast material differences between the different type of data tapes;
And the challenges in separating the recyclable materials once they have been destroyed.